30 January 2013

Product Reveiw: LUSH


This year for my birthday I really wanted to try out some new LUSH cosmetics. A new store opened up recently at my mall and several of my friends have been saying how great it is. I have to say that I've been pleasantly surprised! Now, I should preface this post with saying that I am NOT a makeup guru...I would not consider myself to be good at applying, wearing or recommending make up! This is NOT a beauty blog. [obviously!] Okay, now...here's what I think... :)
 
Jackie Oates - Oh, how I love you already! Most of the reviews for this mention mixing it with moisturiser, but I find that I like it with out mixing it. It's very creamy and the color is perfection! I have very light/pale skin and I've never found a color that is so effortless. It is absolutely seamless. It doesn't make the best concealer, but that's okay.  


Emotional Brilliance - Gets the job done. It gives my Jackie Oates a more matte finish, and makes it easier for me to use my cream blush (MAC) with out my face looking too dewy. Its not better or worse than any other translucent powder that I've used before. 
Lip Service - Once you break it in, it works great! I'm not usually big on using lip balms in tins because I always find that it gets kind of messy. This one has kind of the opposite problem, its a little hard. Now that I've been using it for a day or so it has softened a bit, but it wasn't my favorite at first. I will say that it has cocoa butter in it and it tastes fantastic! 

Liquid Lipstick  - Hello color!! I bought the Ambition liquid lipstick and it is a little jar of awesome. The color is not really what I thought it was going to be. The bottle is an obvious firey red...but when I put it on it is a lovely poppy pink color! (I'm wearing it in my 24 before 25 post) The color seriously lasts forever! It is my new obsession and I've worn it every single day since I've purchased it. I plan on getting more colors soon! Also, I have been wearing the Lip Service under it as well, which I hear helps it last. I really cant recommend this enough - its great!
Eyes Bright - This is not a volumizing mascara. It is very natural and nice, but doesn't wow me with its awesomeness. I can say that my lashes feel better and healthier. My eyelash curler broke so maybe once I fork out the $5 to buy a new one this will cure my boring eye lash blues.


So far my experience with LUSH has been fantastic! I also bought a tea tree water toner and my skin already feels better and clearer. Everything is affordable, really natural and good for you - and really, you cant go wrong with that!


6 comments:

  1. I have a Lush store in my mall I think but I have never gone in there! Is the translucent powder glittery or am I misinterpreting what translucent means? Ooo liquid lipstick?? I have to try!! =)

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have a Lush in your mall you should definitely try it!! The translucent just means that it is 'transparent' - colorless and it just holds everything in place with out making your make up look too caked on. xx Ash

      Delete
  2. I didn't know Lush made actual cosmetics! I thought they only did bath/body stuff. I'm going to have to check these out--wish there was a Lush near me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a long time I didnt either!! I'm not big into the bath bombs so I never checked it out until recently. They have a lot of other products like perfumes, toothpaste and even hair dyes. I'm excited to try out more! xx Ash

      Delete
  3. Lush seriously has some of the best products! I don't think I have ever come across something that I didn't like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always eating my lip stick.. the liquid lipstick sounds great.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...